Sorry, the LGBT Coffee social for October is cancelled because of unavoidable work commitments which cannot be rearranged. November’s is likely to have to be rescheduled too for the same reason. I will try to post a suitable alternative date for November when I can assure it won’t be scuppered by work!
Do you speak Romanian and you are gay, bisexual and/or transgender?
Vorbesti romaneste? Esti gay, bisexual sau transsexual?
Want support staying safe whilst having the sex you want?
Vrei sa fii protejat si sa ai o viata sexuala activa?
Free, friendly, confidential groups in Romanian.
Intalniri gratis, prietenoase si confidentiale in limba romana.
Romani Protejati este un program nou, inovativ si incitant dezvoltat de Metro Charity pentru romanii gay din Londra.
For registration as a volunteer please contact / pentru a te inregistra ca si voluntar contacteaza
email@example.com (romana / engleza)
Hello all! It’s the LGBT Coffee Social today (01/09/16) from 2pm until 5pm at the Costa Coffee in Rushey Green, Catford (the big one next door but one to Kaspa’s ice cream). Look for the Rainbow flag being used as a tablecloth. Or look for Susan who looks like this:
Any feedback on the launch event for the Lewisham LGBT forum will be welcome and I can tell people a bit more about the provisional plans we have in place for the event on the 11th October!
In case you are not already aware, Lewisham has some regular events/groups that meet. Here is a run down:
* Social drop-ins – for any LGBTQ people in Lewisham:
Coffee Afternoon social drop in – at Costa Coffee, 99-105 Rushey Green, Catford SE6 4AF – meets monthly on the first Thursday of every month. Next meeting Thursday 1st September 2016 from 1400 hours to 1700 hours.
Green Man drop-in – at The Green Man (Phoenix Community Housing building), 355 Bromley Road, London SE6 2RP on the second Wednesday of every month – next meeting 14th September 2016 between 1800 to 2000 hours. More info about these events is being put out on these websites: http://bit.ly/1LWPyRd (Facebook) or https://lgbtqlewisham.wordpress.com
* Lewisham LGBT Forum – a community meeting where partners from agencies also attend so information on local LGBT events can be shared and jointly organised and feedback given to and from partnership agencies such as the police, NHS, Metro Centre on incidents which impact on LGBT residents. Next public meeting is on Friday 26th 2016 at 6pm until 8pm at the Civic Suite in Catford Twitter: @LGBTLewisham or email: LGBT.Lewisham@gmail.com
* Queer Caff – Information, films and performances at a vegan café monthly on first Sunday of the month – next Sunday 4th September 2016 at 1800 hours to 2230 hours at The Field, 385 Queens Road, London SE14 5HD
* TAGS – London Transgender and Gender non-conforming swimming group – meet every Friday at 8pm at the Glassmill Leisure Centre in the café area (Glassmill is opposite Lewisham DLR/Train station). Cost is £3.65 to swim. http://on.fb.me/1QFo6cs
* Body Positive Yoga – Yoga in a supportive, spiritual environment for all – Transgender and queer inclusive. Mondays at 8pm – 9pm at Greenwich West Community and Arts Centre, 141 Greenwich High Road, London SE10 8JA. £5 to £10 depending on your circumstances. http://on.fb.me/1KfB3rd
* Many Voices – LGBT non-performing singing group – a ‘sing for fun’ group for LGBTQ+ people. Any ability or experience. Songs are learnt by ear so no music reading ability needed. Last Saturday of every month. Next meeting Saturday 27th August 2016 – 6.30pm – 8pm at St Hilda’s Church Undercroft, Crofton Park, SE23 1PL. £5 entry. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org http://many-voices.co.uk
* Jacky’s Jukebox – Mixed gay/straight varied dance night – ballroom/line dancing, salsa, Latin, Country (no lessons) first Saturday of every month 7.30pm to midnight at the Rivoli Balltoom, 350 Brockley Road, SE4. http://www.jackysjukebox.co.uk
* Live – free and confidential group and service for LGBTQ young people aged 16-25 in Lewisham. Meet weekly – for more information please contact email@example.com or T02083055004. Youth counselling also available.
* Zest – LGBTQ youth group for under 16s from Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich or Lewisham – meet weekly in Greenwich from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Social, activities and trips. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or T02083055004 Youth counselling also available.
* Fifty Plus – social and support group on the last Tuesday of every month for LGBT people over the age of fifty. Email Norman on Norman@metrocentreonline.org or 07912514465 – usually meet from 2pm-4pm at The Metro.
* South London Lesbian Mum’s Group – Social group for lesbian headed families and their children meeting monthly in East Dulwich – https://www.facebook.com/sllmg/
* Remnants Women’s Hockey Club – gay/bi women’s hockey club. Training on Wednesday evenings at Sedgehill School, Bellingham and play in Kent Women’s league on Saturdays from Sept to March, 7.30pm-9pm and training/friendly games the rest of the year.
Twitter: remnantshockey Facebook: remnantshockey http://www.remnantshockey.org.uk
* Blackheath Women’s Rugby Club – gay-friendly women’s rugby club. Train on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1930 to 2130 at Well Hall, Kidbrooke Lane, Eltham for any women (18+) regardless of experience or ability. http://www.blackheathrugby.co.uk/womens/ email: email@example.com Twitter: @BWRFC Facebook: BlackheathWRFC
* Metro Juice – Youth alcohol information and counselling – Drugs and alcohol information and counselling for young people aged 11-25 who are LGBTQ in the south east. Contact Fred on T02083055000 ext 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Greenwich Lesbian Group – meet regularly via Meetup app – often includes Lewisham locations.
The date for the next Lewisham LGBT Forum is Friday 26th August 2016 from 6pm until 8pm at the Civic Suite in Catford, SE6 4RU
The meeting will discuss ideas for the official launch of the Lewisham LGBT Forum in October and events for National Hate Crime Awareness Week.
The Lewisham LGBT Forum is a way for local organisations and the lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender and queer community in Lewisham to link in with each other, network, cross refer and find out about events/services and what is on offer for the LGBTQ community. We also aim to help each other organise events and publicity around important dates in the LGBTQ calendar, such as LGBT History Month, Transgender Day Of Remembrance, Pride events and National Hate Crime Awareness Week etc. The forum is open to the community and organisations and members of the public are welcome to attend as participate.
Apologies to all who attended the last Lewisham LGBT Forum meeting who were expecting to have another meeting tomorrow (Friday
19th August 2016)
). We have had to postpone the meeting tomorrow. We will post the new date/venue asap. We are hoping it will be next Friday instead but we’ll need to confirm a venue first.
It’s the Green Man drop-in for all LGBTQ+ people in Lewisham (or surrounding!) who would like to come along. This month: tabletop ping pong! Get in the Olympic spirit by showing us your paddle skills (no spanking!).
All welcome. This is also a Opening Doors London meeting so people of all ages welcome! Coffee and tea available.
We meet on the second Wednesday of every month. Next meeting: Wednesday 10th August 2016 from 6pm until 8pm at The Green Man Community Hub (knock on the window if the security don’t see you!), 355 Bromley Road, London SE6 2RP
There is a bus stop right outside the Green Man if you are travelling from Lewisham/Catford direction. The 208, 136, 321 all serve. The nearest train station is Beckenham Hill (but it’s about a 10-15 min walk).